Vicar of Burford with Fulbrook, Taynton, Asthall, Swinbrook and Widford – West Oxfordshire
During the previous incumbency, Burford has seen encouraging growth in its congregation and in its children and youth work. Around 230 people attend the main Sunday service. Swinbrook has grown a new congregation during the last year. The other parishes greatly value their distinctive styles of worship and wish to grow.
We will welcome a vicar who is courageous in developing further our committed and prayerful congregations. The new incumbent will be well supported by our clergy team, staff and congregations.
We need someone who:
· is primarily, a godly Bible-based preacher and teacher, capable of expounding the Bible engagingly;
· has energy and enthusiasm to build from our current situation;
· longs to see God's kingdom advanced;
· respects and can work with a variety of worship styles;
· is prayerful and dependent on the Holy Spirit.
If you feel this may be for you, please see our Benefice Profile and www.burfordchurch.org
Application Form and Benefice Profile available here.
Applications to be returned to: The Bishop of Dorchester, Church House Oxford, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1GF; Telephone: 01865 208218; Email: email@example.com
Closing date: 11 February 2019; Interview date: 11 & 12 March 2019
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required
Please click on the link below for the Benefice profile.